Have you thought of implementing a turntable to improve safety and efficiency within construction sites? At Railquip, our main goal is not only to boost your business’s efficiency but to ensure workplace safety. In partnership with Australian Turntables, we provide customized solutions for your needs. Our truck turntables are designed to optimize site space while taking into account entry and exit points and worker movements. By eliminating hazardous reversing maneuvers, our turntables allow drivers to enter and exit sites forward, increasing truck flow and ensuring your team’s safety.
But, What is a Truck Turntable?
A truck turntable is a platform that rotates vehicles, particularly useful in construction where reversing is challenging or even impossible.
They facilitate demolition, excavation, and construction processes, accommodating multiple trucks to reduce downtime and increase deliveries per shift. They are also handy for material handling, logistics, and loading docks, allowing heavy trucks to flow without compromising retail or warehouse spaces.
With a heavy truck turntable, medium truck areas can host larger vehicles, as the platform provides enough space for rotation.
A three-in-one solution:
- Double the productivity, increasing space efficiency: Truck turntables reduce the space required to turn around vehicles, increasing the number of truck cycles per shift.
- Simplify traffic management: Simplify traffic and construction management plans while improving public safety and reducing traffic congestion in the city.
- Eliminate incidents: Enter and exit construction sites, avoiding blind spots and reversing maneuvers. Load and unload in a safe position, eliminating work-related incidents.
Types of Truck Turntables
- Loading Dock Truck Turntable: They optimize warehouse and loading dock operations, increasing truck flow and parking space per shift. Our products are tailor-made to meet the unique needs of each client, available in any diameter.
- Cement Plant Truck Turntable: Truck turntables can improve productivity by granting better access to hard-to-reach locations. By minimizing movements, they simplify entry to the crusher, enabling you to deliver more material per shift.
- Mining Truck Turntable: We offer a diverse range of products suitable for both above-ground and underground mining operations. Our turntables can help you reduce fuel consumption and tire usage per cycle, minimize excavation requirements, and optimize overall operations.
- Underground Tunneling Truck Turntable: Our turntables can withstand harsh conditions, preventing damage to trucks and tunnels caused by reversing maneuvers. By enabling forward entry and exit, our turntables promote a smoother and safer operation.
Specifications of Truck Turntables
Our products are designed and assembled with high-quality materials, guaranteeing their durability.
Choose from our standard options or request a customized solution tailored to your specific needs. Each design is exclusive to the project’s specifications, accommodating multiple vehicles or hundreds of tonnes with ease.
Weight capacity can vary significantly by project. Click here to download technical specifications.
Additional options include:
- Relocating turntable systems
- Portable turntables for continuously advancing projects
- Weighing systems for accurate tare and gross loads with reporting
- Additional systems for vehicle positioning and anti-collision purposes
Model your own truck turntable:
Are you an architect, engineer or contractor? Contact us directly to request access to a library of Revit Families to model your truck turntable solution.
How does it work?
- Select a model
- Select the diameter
- Establish control panels and imposed loads
- Work out your set-down requirements for the installation
The ROI of a Truck Turntable
What Is the Best Truck Turntable for Me?
Our team will help you find the turntable that best suits your needs!
At Railquip, we design and manufacture products to streamline your construction processes. We guide you every step of the way to ensure an optimal solution that meets your time and cost targets.
Let’s discuss your project plans!
Click here and contact a turntable specialist to receive technical support and discuss your project specifications.